The Halifax Chamber of Commerce has named ISL as finalists for 2 Halifax Business Awards. The Awards, which recognize talent and success in the Halifax business community, were announced Monday, November 15th.
ISL is a finalist for 2011 Business of the Year and President Malcolm Fraser is up for Business Person of the Year. ISL is the only company to be a finalist in 2 categories.
“It is exciting to be among the finalists this year,” says Fraser. “ISL has always tried to deliver quality and innovation to our customers in an ever-changing, fast-paced industry. When you surround yourself with passionate and talented people, good things will happen.”
Congratulations to our fellow nominees.
BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
- Immunovaccine Inc.
- ISL Web Marketing & Development
- Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-op
- Pete's Frootique
- RCR Hospitality Group Ltd.
BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR
- Charles Cartmill, LED Roadway Lighting
- Malcolm Fraser, ISL Web Marketing & Development
- Joe Metledge, Templeton Properties
- Boris Mirchev, Hamachi Group of Restaurants
- Robert Orr, Ocean Nutrition Canada Ltd.
The Awards will be presented at a gala dinner on January 27, 2011 at the World Trade and Convention Centre.
About the Awards
According to the Chamber, the Halifax Business Awards are intended to recognize those businesses and business people in Halifax who exemplify the best that our city has to offer: innovators, who are willing to take chances, push the boundaries and stretch the limits for success.